The purpose of this programme is to equip the learner with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to start up a new
venture or maintain an existing venture.
► ONLY : R3 950.00 (Excl. VAT) per delegate for Online Blended Learning
► ONLY : R4 200.00 (Excl. VAT) per delegate for onsite group bookings (minimum 10 delegates)
On completion of this programme learners will be able to:
• Identify and assess own business ideas/opportunities for a new venture.
• Analyse the viability of a selected idea/opportunity against specific screening variables.
• Research the potential of a particular idea/opportunity as a new venture.
• Analyse a range of risks associated with a new venture.
• Evaluate new venture ideas/opportunities based on research findings.
• Identify, gather and analyse the relevant information needed to compile a plan for a new venture.
• Formulate an ethical framework for the operational plans of a venture.
• Establish and prioritise business, financial and/or operations goals and objectives for new venture.
• Design and present business, financial and/or marketing plans based on a budget for a new venture.
• Design an action plan for a new venture.
• Set up business premises and operational systems.
• Implement business financial systems.
• Identify the risks associated with the new venture.
Delegates wishing to enroll on this programme should be competent in Computer Literacy, Mathematical Literacy and
Communications at NQF level 3.
RPL against these unit standards are allowed. Apply online by sending us your details / information.
OPTION 1 (Online training via the blended learning approach):
Learning Journey and Duration: 8 Hours contact session time, spread over 4 days and 86 days for preparation of assessment. Learners will have access to the Learning Management System (LMS) for 90 days and this will include the Summative Assessment.
OPTION 2 (Group bookings for onsite training – minimum of 10 delegates):
Learning Journey and Duration: 4 Days of classroom training.
Assessment Details: Portfolio of Evidence will be submitted within three months of completing the training. Assessment activities include evaluating business plans. Assessment evidence will be uploaded on the Learning Management System (LMS) platform, via a suitable medium, as per assessment guide.
Certification: This includes obtaining endorsement from the SETQAA.
• 114596 - Research the viability of new venture opportunities/ideas
• 114592 - Produce business plans for a new venture
• 263534 – Implement an action plan for a new venture
• First line managers
• Business owners
• Branch managers