Learning Material Design & Developer
The purpose of this programme is to equip learning material developers and designers with the necessary knowledge, skills
and attitudes to design and develop outcomes-based learning material.
On completion of this programme learners will be able to:
• Learning design in South Africa
• Fundamental skills for learning design
• The designing process of outcomes-based learning
• Development of learning programmes
• Design outcomes-based assessments
• Training programme evaluation
Delegates wishing to enroll on this programme should be competent in general analysis and design techniques, and have
a working knowledge of outcome-based education and training. They should be able to develop learning materials based on a given design and be able to Communicate in writing at NQF level 4. They should further be able to use basic data gathering
RPL against these unit standards are allowed in the case where such applicant can proof that training was conducted on the
design and development process of outcomes-based learning material.
Training Programme Duration: 5 Days.
Assessment: Learners submit a Portfolio of Evidence within three months after completion of the training. Assignments are
in line with the results of a fully developed programme of their choice.
Certification: This includes obtaining endorsement from the ETDQA.
• 123396 - Define target audience profiles and skills gaps, level 4
• 123401 - Design outcomes-based learning programmes, level 6
• 115755 – Design and develop outcomes-based assessments, level 6
• 123394 - Develop outcomes-based learning programmes, level 5
• 115790 - Write and present for a wide range of purposes, audiences and contexts (compulsory for the qualification)
• HR Managers
• Training Managers
• Line Managers
• Skills Development Facilitators
• Learning Material Designers