Finance for Non-Financial Managers (FOCUSED PACKAGE)
The purpose of this programme is to equip managers in all economic sectors with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to manage the finances of a unit. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
► ONLY : R2 600.00 (Excl. VAT) per delegate for Online Blended Learning
► ONLY : R2 800.00 (Excl. VAT) per delegate for onsite group bookings (minimum 10 delegates)
On completion of this programme learners will be able to:
- Demonstrating an understanding of the key concepts of managerial finance
- Interpreting financial statements
- Drafting financial forecasts
- Drafting budgets according to operational plans of the unit
- Supervising the financial management of a unit against given requirements
It is assumed that learners entering this programme are competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 4
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 4
RPL against this unit standard is allowed. Application forms are available from our offices.
OPTION 1 (Online training via the blended learning approach):
Learning Journey and Duration: 4 Hours contact session time, spread over 2 days and 19 days for preparation of assessment. Learners will have access to the Learning Management System (LMS) for 21 days and this will include the Summative Assessment.
OPTION 2 (Group bookings for onsite training – minimum of 10 delegates):
Learning Journey and Duration: 2 Days of classroom training.
Assessment Details: Portfolio of Evidence will be submitted within three weeks of completing the training. Assessment activities include evaluating all evidence related and produced during the finance management process. Assessment evidence will be uploaded on the Learning Management System (LMS) platform, via a suitable medium, as per assessment guide.
Certification: This includes obtaining endorsement from the SETQAA.
- 252040 – Manage the Finances of a Unit.
NQF Level: 5
• Heads of Department
• Section Heads
• Divisional Heads
• Skilled, knowledgeable and confident managers able to manage risk, knowledge, finances
• Improved competence and motivation of workforce
• Improved opportunities to claim skills grants